Can I use Disney Plus from abroad? While traveling abroad, you can stream Disney+ content which is available in that country’s library only. Thus, with a reliable VPN such as ExpressVPN, you can unblock the US Disney Plus Library from anywhere and all the time.
Countries where Disney+ is available? Disney+ is officially available in specific countries in North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, and Europe. At the time of writing, these regions can access Disney+.
Disney Plus lets you stream movies and shows from Disney and its other brands like Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. You can also enjoy new originals like The Mandalorian, WandaVision, Loki, and many more.
How to Watch Disney Plus from Anywhere with a VPN [Quick steps in February]
Here are the quick instructions to watch Disney Plus from abroad:
- Get a subscription to a premium VPN. ExpressVPN is highly recommended.
- Download and install the app on your preferred device.
- Now, connect to a US-based server from the list. [New York server is best.]
- Launch the official Disney+ website and sign in using your credentials.
- That’s it. You now have access to the US library of Disney Plus anywhere.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Disney Plus Overseas?
Disney Plus may be available in certain countries, but the library will always be different. Whether Disney Plus is available in your country or not, you require a VPN. If Disney Plus is geo-restricted, the VPN will grant you access, and if Disney Plus is available and you want to watch the US library of Disney Plus, you will need a VPN.
Either way, a VPN serves its purpose of concealing your original IP address and giving you an American IP address to access a lot of content on Disney Plus. If you access Disney Plus in an unavailable country, then you will get a geo-restriction error that looks like this:
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your region.”
For this purpose to be fulfilled without being caught, you will need a premium VPN that stands by its promise. ExpressVPN is one such VPN that guards your IP strongly, so you can stream without any tension.
The 3 Best VPNs to Watch Disney Plus from abroad [Short Summary in February]
Here are the 3 best VPNs to watch Disney Plus in regions where it is geo-restricted:
- ExpressVPN: Offering 3000+ maintained servers around the world and 25+ highly optimized USA servers, ExpressVPN is the most suitable VPN to access Disney Plus from anywhere. It costs $6.67/month for a yearly plan + three months of free service and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee without logging any of your activity. With extremely fast speed and cutting-edge data-wide technology, ExpressVPN is the safest choice.
- Surfshark: Surfshark is your affordable VPN option with a great service to access Disney Plus from abroad. Offering 3,200+ servers in 100+ countries and 23 highly optimized US servers, Surfshark gives you the protection you can rely on. Purchase the 2-year subscription plan for just $2.49/month so you get 4 months free.
- NordVPN: This VPN comes with 5,200+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries and 16 highly optimized US servers. Get the NordVPN subscription at 72% off for $3.71/month with its 2-year plan and secure up to 6 devices simultaneously. Additionally, you can avail the 3-month free trial and a 30-day return guarantee.
What is Disney Plus and Who can Watch it?
Disney Plus is a streaming platform owned by Walt Disney Company. The platform offers a large library that contains more than thousands of entertaining content. If you are a fan of old Disney content, you will love the kind of content on Disney Plus.
Disney is available in many countries, but where it is not, people use VPNs to access it. Using a VPN is not illegal, it only encrypts and routes your traffic through secure tunnels and a server in another location. Rather, it is recommended to use a reliable VPN that is not easy to detect, so you can watch in peace.
Moreover, where Disney Plus is available, the viewers get less popular content because the US library has all the content that the platform offers. If you’re someone who resides in a country where Disney Plus is available, we suggest you use ExpressVPN to get the full content library.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Disney Plus from Anywhere [Detailed Overview in February]
Do you want the full details on the 3 best VPNs to unblock Disney Plus from anywhere? Here you go:
ExpressVPN – The Fastest VPN to watch Disney Plus
- Get a fully secure connection with ExpressVPN’s 256-bit encryption, DNS leak protection, and enhanced speed, because it is the best Disney Plus VPN.
- ExpressVPN is a highly reliable VPN to unblock Disney Plus internationally because it is affordable. You can save 49% on its 1-year subscription, costing $6.67/month + 3 months free, protecting your digital life for as low as $0.22 a day.
- With 3,000 servers worldwide and 25+ highly optimized servers in prominent US states like New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, and Atlanta, you can secure up to 5 devices with one subscription.
- ExpressVPN also supports the Tor browser and features a kill switch, with strict no-logs
- ExpressVPN also has a ton of cutting-edge features, including VPN split tunneling, Lightway Protocol, and threat management to give you the best streaming session.
- Strict logging policy.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 24/7 customer service.
- Costly than other competitor VPNs.
- Limited simultaneous connections.
Recommended Servers: New York, Seattle, Chicago, and Dallas.
Surfshark – Trustworthy VPN to access Disney Plus
- Surfshark respects your budget and desires by offering around 3,200 servers from 100 countries.
- Surfshark uses a one-of-a-kind WireGuard tunneling protocol to secure your data, making it a safe and trusted choice to access Disney Plus from anywhere.
- Surfshark is super affordable, priced at $2.30/month with its 2-year subscription + 2 months free, you can save 69% and stream on a budget with a 30-day return
- With a powerful IP Rotator that can change your IP every 10 minutes for secure browsing, Surfshark is practical for the user with unlimited screens to protect.
- Reasonable prices.
- Smooth user experience.
- Speedy and helpful live chat support.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Dodgy customer service.
- Weak social media presence.
- Kill switch windows stop working sometimes.
Recommended Servers: New York, Chicago, and Detroit.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to stream Disney Plus
- NordVPN has the largest server count because it comes with 5,400+ servers in 50+ countries, including 1970+ servers across 15 locations in the US.
- NordVPN offers tunneling protocols such as PPTP, SSTP, IPSec, and IKEv2 to protect your online life, and you can secure up to 6 devices under one subscription.
- Having such security from NordVPN, the cost is $3.71/month for 2 years + 3 months free with a 30-day refund guarantee.
- NordVPN stands by its promise to ensure that no IP or DNS information is stolen. Using essential AES 256-bit encryption and a strict no-logs policy, NordVPN has a kill switch, a user-friendly UI, and a dedicated streaming mode.
- Double the protection with a double VPN.
- Connect 6 devices on many platform types.
- Fast & stable speeds all around.
- Slow app and server connections.
- Torrenting is only supported on some servers.
Recommended Servers: Seattle, Denver, and Miami.
Can I use a free VPN to watch Disney Plus from anywhere?
Yes, you can use a free VPN to watch Disney Plus, but we don’t recommend it. Free VPNs are nothing compared to premium VPNs, why? Because nothing in the world is free, not even the streaming content.
With a free VPN, you will only get the knockoff product of the actual one. You won’t get a large amount of servers or complete protection.
Not to mention, your IP is never properly concealed. Free VPNs are highly unreliable in this regard. They can suddenly lose connection, leaving you bare on the websites.
So, the selling point of premium VPNs is that you will get the best service possible. It’s 100% better to get a premium VPN than a free one.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Disney Plus?
With a plethora of VPNs available on the market, it can be quite baffling when you choose one. To counter this issue, we have compiled a list of points that you must take note of when you’re getting a premium VPN:
- Make sure that the VPN you get can bypass the restrictions on Disney Plus and other streaming services as well.
- The VPN you choose must abide by a zero-logging policy.
- VPNs should have great security and encryption built-in features.
- A large number of servers along with US-based servers is very important.
- The VPN you get must also be device-compatible, so it is easy to use on various devices (Android, iOS, Android TV, Apple TV, etc.).
How Much is Disney Plus?
Disney Plus is one of the top affordable streaming platforms out there. The payment chart is quite easy to understand. Disney Plus only has 2 plans, that is monthly and yearly.
- Monthly subscription – $13.99
- Annual subscription – $139.99
You can watch a lot of content with such a small amount of money, including these popular channels.
- National Geographic
- Star Wars
How to Sign Up for Disney Plus Without a US Payment Method?
Signing up for Disney Plus without an American payment method is not rocket science. Here are the ways to pay for a Disney Plus subscription without using a US payment method:
- Use an iTunes Gift Card (Apple Devices)
- Use the Google Play Store Gift Card (Android Devices)
Payment Method #1: Use iTunes Gift Card to Pay for Disney Plus
For this method, you will have to make a new Apple ID. Here’s how the steps go:
- Ensure that you’re connected to a premium VPN.
- Go to the App Store and log out of your Apple ID.
- Using the USA as your country/region, create a new Apple ID and leave the payment information empty.
- From iTunes, purchase a gift card with a Credit Card or PayPal to pay for your Disney Plus subscription. It’s better to get one for the yearly subscription, it saves your cost.
- Now, redeem the gift card in the App Store.
- Get the Disney Plus app from the App Store and start the sign-up process.
- Enter the necessary information and when it comes to payment, use the iTunes gift card.
- There you have it. You have purchased a Disney Plus subscription using an iTunes gift card.
Payment Method #2: Use Google Play Store Gift Card to Pay for Disney Plus
This method also requires you to create a new ID for the Google Play Store. Here are the instructions:
- First, make sure you’re connected to a premium VPN.
- Then you’re going to create a new Gmail account.
- Follow the instructions to create a new account, keeping the US as your location.
- Add your newly made account by going to your profile and clicking the down arrow button > Add another account.
- Go to the MyGiftCardSupply website and purchase a Disney Plus Gift card, which you’ll receive through your email address.
- Copy the code and it will be highlighted.
- Visit your Play Store again and open your payment methods.
- Click “Redeem Code” to use the code.
- Download the Disney Plus application and create a new account.
- When you reach the payment information section, don’t forget to use the gift card.
- Congrats, you’ve successfully paid for the Disney Plus subscription with a Google Play Store gift card.
Compatible Devices with Disney Plus
These are the devices that are compatible with Disney Plus:
- Android Phones
- iOS Phones
- Fire TV Stick
- Smart Tablets
- Apple TV
- LG Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
What to Watch on Disney Plus?
You can unlock a treasure trove of all the content:
Best Movies to watch on Disney Plus
Here’s the list of top movies on Disney Plus:
- Finding Nemo
- Turning Red
- Beauty and the Beast
- Toy Story
- Thor: Ragnarok
- Avengers: Endgame
- Inside Out
- The Lion King
- The Incredibles
- Black Panther
- Big Hero 6
- Mary Poppins
- The Little Mermaid
- The Amazing Spider-Man
Best Shows to watch on Disney Plus
These are the top shows on Disney Plus:
- The Mandalorian
- The Simpsons
- Phineas and Ferb
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Gravity Falls
- Diary of a Future President
- The Bad Batch
- American Born Chinese
- Star Wars Rebels
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
- The Muppet Show
- Boy Meets World
The most frequently and commonly asked questions by Disney+ subscribers:
Can I watch Disney Plus overseas?
Yes, you can watch Disney Plus overseas. You just need a VPN to unblock Disney if it’s blocked in your country or if you want to watch the diverse US content library of Disney+.
Does VPN work on Disney Plus?
Only a few VPNs work with Disney Plus due to the platform having extremely high-end firewalls to easily detect traffic coming from a VPN. You’ll need a VPN with built-in reliable features including fast and secure servers and an internet kill switch that makes your connection secure if you disconnect from your internet and reconnect it automatically it will block your original IP address from being exposed.
How do you unlock all Disney Plus content in the UK?
You can unlock all Disney Plus content from the UK by using a premium VPN and connecting to a US server where all Disney content is available for streaming.
Which country has the best Disney Plus library?
Of course!, the USA has the best Disney Plus library, but if you’re looking to watch movies, then Australia has the best list of Disney Plus movies.
Is Disney Plus the same in every country?
No, Disney Plus is not the same in every country. Thus, the content libraries are different. You can use a premium VPN to change your Disney Plus library and stream a variety of content.
Does Disney Plus offer a free trial option?
Disney Plus does not offer a free trial at the moment. If you get Disney Plus from another streaming platform like Hulu, then you will receive a free trial. You can check it on the Disney bundle on Hulu for it.
How many simultaneous logins does Disney Plus support?
You can create up to 7 profiles in a single subscription and log in on 4 different devices simultaneously.
I am using a VPN connection, but it still blocks me; what can I do?
If you’re using a VPN yet Disney Plus blocks you, then you should do the following:
- Change your VPN server: Sometimes VPN servers are not compatible or Disney+ already blocked its IP addresses.
- Stop your IP from leaking: Check your actual IP address leak test to prevent leaking your actual IP address to Disney+.
- Change VPN protocols: It encrypts and transmits your internet traffic. Some protocols are faster, more secure, and more reliable than others, but they might be easily detected and blocked. Try to change your VPN protocols from the settings.
- Cache and Cookies: Keep erasing your browser or app cookies and cache for smooth work.
- To change or disable your GPS location: Disney+ is using your IP address and GPS location to track your actual location. Try to disable the GPS from your preferred device.
- Try a new web browser: Sometimes apps get stuck for various reasons, so test trying on a web browser.
If none of the steps worked for you, so try a different VPN to bypass it.
Can I use a VPN to watch live sports on Disney Plus?
Yes, you can use a VPN to watch live sports on Disney Plus. If you get the Disney Bundle, you will get the ESPN+ subscription as well, where you can watch all sorts of sports with a VPN.
Can I stream Disney Plus in 4k using a VPN?
Yes, you can stream Disney Plus in 4k using a VPN. You’ll need a minimum of 25 Mbps stable internet speed to avoid buffering while you stream on Smart TVs or any other device. One such VPN that promises fast speed is ExpressVPN.
Will having a VPN for Disney+ cause buffering?
Many VPNs do cause buffering when it comes to streaming, but not ExpressVPN. This VPN stabilizes your internet speed.
Does Disney Plus work outside USA?
Yes, Disney Plus works outside the USA. If you’re traveling to a region where Disney Plus is geo-blocked, then a premium VPN is the best solution.
Wrapping it Up
Disney Plus is a notable streaming platform among all the video-on-demand services. It offers a ton of content for the whole family, and many superhero movies and TV shows are available to stream at any time.
You can now bypass any of those geo-blocks swiftly with a premium VPN, such as ExpressVPN, and access Disney Plus from Anywhere. If you have any questions, don’t forget to reach out to us!