Can I watch YouTube TV outside USA? No, you can not watch YouTube TV outside USA unless you use ExpressVPN to bypass all the restrictions.
As a complete package of online TV services, YouTube TV is thriving well in the streaming business. With a spectrum of popular movies, top shows, and everything else in the middle, YouTube TV is bustling with streaming content.
The only downside to this platform is that it is US-exclusive. Meaning that you can only access YouTube TV with an American IP. Without one, you’re not eligible to access YouTube TV. This is done to protect the content. Since YouTube TV offers content like Game of Thrones from Max, NBC from Hulu, and other renowned networks, it would be weird to show content here on YouTube TV and not on their original platform, which is also geo-restricted.
This is a minor issue, though. For this reason, we recommend using a reliable VPN to bypass any other errors, be it geo-restriction or proxy errors, and stream without any hassle.
How to Watch YouTube TV Outside USA [5 Simple Steps in November 2023]
Follow these easy instructions to watch YouTube TV from anywhere:
- First, make sure you are connected with a VPN [ExpressVPN works best].
- Install and sign up for the VPN app.
- From the server list, select a US-based server [New York server is easier].
- Launch the official website/app of YouTube TV on your device.
- Log in with your credentials and you’re done!
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch YouTube TV Outside USA?
You need a VPN to watch YouTube TV internationally because YouTube TV is geographically restricted and only the ones who have an American IP can access it. Without one, you will see this error:
“It looks like you’re outside of the United States. YouTube TV is only available in the US.”
YouTube TV is a one-stop shop for subscribers. But what to do if you’re not in the USA? You use a VPN. However, not just any VPN, a paid and premium VPN will do the job the best. You want to make sure you don’t access such a premium site with a free VPN, it will spoil all the fun.
What is YouTube TV and Who can Watch it?
YouTube TV is a US-based TV service operated by YouTube. It houses many critically acclaimed TV shows, movies, documentaries, and other streaming content from various networks, along with live channels like news, sports, entertainment, and everything in between.
People who live in the USA are exclusively the ones who can access it. But don’t be bummed by it so quickly, because there are ways to access YouTube TV even outside the American lands. One of those ways is using a premium VPN.
Premium VPNs are your boat through the sea of the internet. They protect your IP address not only from detection by the streaming platform but also from cyber attackers. With a VPN connection, you can rest assured that you are safe and nothing will harm you unless you open a suspicious file or email.
What is the Cost of YouTube TV?
YouTube TV is priced at a reasonable cost. Here are the plans:
YouTube TV Base Plan
Price: $52.99/month for 3 months, then $72.99/month
- Numerous on-demand titles
- Exclusive sports
- 5 day Free Trial
- Unlimited DVR space
- 6 accounts per subscription
- 3 Simultaneous Screens
- Cancel Anytime
- 124 TV Channels
YouTube TV Spanish Plan
- Endless DVR space
- 1000+ on-demand titles
- 28+ Spanish channels
- 7 day Free Trial
- 6 accounts per subscription
- 3 simultaneous connections
- Cancel Anytime
- 34 TV Channels
Can I try YouTube TV before buying it?
Yes, you can try YouTube TV before buying it. YouTube TV offers free 20 minutes of watch time without any commitment to guest users to check its services including NFL Sunday Ticket. Avail yourself of this offer by clicking on the “Preview For 20 Min” button without paying or adding your payment methods.
Top 5 VPNs to Watch YouTube TV Outside USA [Quick Summary Nov 2023]
Looking to get the best VPN? Here’s a short summary of 5 best VPNs that are best with YouTube TV:
- ExpressVPN: This VPN houses 3000+ maintained servers globally and 25+ highly optimized USA servers, ExpressVPN is the editor’s choice, and is the best VPN to access YouTube TV outside USA. It is priced at $6.67/month for a yearly plan + three months of free service and a 30-day money-back assurance without logging any of your activity. With exceptionally fast speed and cutting-edge data-comprehensive technology, ExpressVPN is the safest choice to give you the best streaming session.
- CyberGhost: As an easy-to-use VPN, CyberGhost safeguards your digital identity from DNS leaks. Delivering more than 9000 servers in 90+ countries, CyberGhost also offers 1230 highly optimized servers in the USA. Get a 3-year subscription costing $2.11/month for three years + 3 months free. With a 45-day money-back guarantee, you can stream YouTube TV internationally easily.
- NordVPN: NordVPN is the largest server network, with 5,200+ servers in 80+ areas across 59 countries and 16 highly optimized US servers. Get a simple subscription at 72% off for $3.71/month with its 2-year plan and connect up to 6 devices simultaneously under one account. Additionally, with the aforementioned plan, you can avail of the 3-month free trial and a 30-day return guarantee to make sure you like your streaming time.
- Surfshark: Surfshark is your inexpensive VPN alternative with a splendid service to access YouTube TV from anywhere. Presenting 3,200+ servers in 100+ nations and 23 highly optimized US servers, Surfshark is very dependable. It costs you the 2-year subscription plan for just $2.49/month so you get 4 months of free.
- AtlasVPN: Choose AtlasVPN for a reasonable service at a super affordable price. Giving you 750+ servers in 39 different countries, you can secure your digital life with admiringly defensible IKEv2 and WireGuard protocols. AtlasVPN costs $1.82/month for 2 years + 3 months free and a 30-day money return warranty with infinite screens to stream YouTube TV from anywhere you want.
How to Choose the Right VPN for YouTube TV?
It can be super confusing to see so many VPNs on the market, but we are here to provide you with a checklist comprising all the factors that must be present in the VPN you purchase.
- The VPN must be capable of bypassing all restrictions on YouTube TV and all the other streaming platforms.
- The VPN you get must have exceptional encryption and security features.
- It should also abide by a strict no-logging policy.
- The VPN you choose should have considerable server availability with US-based servers.
- It’s also important that the VPN is device-compatible (Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, etc.).
- The VPN should be easy to use.
[Payment Methods] How to Subscribe to YouTube TV outside USA?
Subscribing to YouTube TV with a VPN is an easy task. There are two methods to pay for YouTube TV, you either pay with a gift card or use PayPal. Here are the instructions for both ways:
Method 1: Pay for YouTube TV with Gift Cards
Here’s how to pay for YouTube TV with Gift Cards:
- Make sure you’re connected with a premium VPN.
- On your VPN app, your server should be in the USA. If it is not, select a US-based server.
- Proceed to mygiftcardsupply.com and buy a YouTube TV Gift Card that has the cost of your subscription plan.
- Visit the Google Play Store’s website.
- Make sure you’re using the same Google account associated with YouTube TV.
- On your Google Play Store, open your payment methods and click on ‘Redeem’ on the left side.
- Now, enter the Gift card code that you received.
- Confirm the subscription with a Gift Card.
- There you go. You have now paid for YouTube TV with a Gift card.
Note: For future payments to YouTube TV, your gift card will be processed again once you load it with the necessary amount.
Method 2: Pay for YouTube TV with PayPal
If you don’t have a PayPal account, follow these instructions to make one:
- Purchase a subscription to a premium VPN and make sure you’re connected with a US-based server.
- Register to PayPal with a new email address.
- Provide your credit card number and actual billing address.
- Search for a USA zip code and make sure it’s authentic by pasting it into USPC.com. If the code comes invalid, you should replace the zeros at the end with 1.
- Now, add the US city address that USPS located for you to the actual street address and finish the process.
- You have now successfully created a US PayPal account.
Now that you have created a US PayPal account, it’s time to use that to pay for YouTube TV. Here’s how to pay for YouTube TV with PayPal:
- Make sure you’re connected with a trustworthy VPN.
- Connect the VPN with a US server.
- Visit the official website of YouTube TV and click on “Try it Free.”
- Type in a US zip code from your location and click on the arrow button to proceed.
- It will ask you to start your free trial or a 20-minute preview.
- When you click on “Start your Free Trial,” you will be asked to choose a plan.
- Choose your preferred plan and proceed to add your billing information.
- Choose your US PayPal account to complete the billing and you’re done.
- Congrats, you are now all set to watch YouTube TV internationally.
What if I want to cancel?
You can cancel at any time without any additional fees. When you cancel or pause your subscription, you can access YouTube TV before your subscription ends. Any recordings in your DVR storage will expire within 21 days.
How can I pause my membership?
You can pause your YouTube TV membership using your smartphone, tablet, or computer by visiting tv.youtube.com on your web browser and following these steps:
- Sign in and click on your profile avatar.
- Click on the setting button on the dropdown menu and then click on Membership.
- Check the slider to select for how long you want to pause your membership.
- Now, simply click on the “Pause” button.
How can I cancel my YouTube TV subscription?
You can cancel your YouTube TV subscription with the following easy steps:
- Launch the YouTube TV app or visit tv.youtube.com on your web browser.
- Click on Settings and then Manage Membership.
- Click on the “Deactivate” button and click on the “Continue” button to cancel.
- A short survey will pop up on your screen for you to share the reason for your cancellation by selecting the relevant option.
- Now, click on “Yes” to confirm your cancellation.
Devices that work with YouTube TV
Here is the list of compatible devices with YouTube TV:
- Game Consoles
- PlayStation 4 & 5
- Xbox Series X, S, and Xbox One, One X, and One S
- Smart TVs
- Samsung smart TV (Models from 2017 onwards only)
- LG smart TV (Only models that are 2016 or newer)
- Hisense smart TV (selected models only)
- Vizio SmartCast TV (selected models only)
- Roku TVs
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Walton Smart TV
- Fire TV Edition-enabled smart TVs from Toshiba, Insignia, Element, and Westinghouse
- Streaming Devices
- Android TVs (TVs that run on a mobile Android system may not have support)
- Apple TVs (4th generation and 4K)
- Chromecast with Google TV
- Fire TV Stick 2nd generation, 3rd generation, Lite, 4K, Cube, Cube 1st Generation
- Google TV
- Roku smart Soundbar, Ultra, Ultra LT, Streaming Stick+, Streaming Stick+ HE, Streaming Stick (3600x and onwards only), Express, Express+, Premiere, Premiere+, 2 (4210x), 3 (4200x, 4230x), 4
- TiVO Stream 4K
- Xfinity Flex
What to Watch on YouTube TV?
YouTube TV is home to numerous acclaimed titles that you can stream anytime and anywhere. Allow us to let you know of some:
Best Movies on YouTube TV
These are the best movies on YouTube TV, exclusively picked for you:
- Train To Busan
- Harry Potter Series
- The Amazing Spider-Man
- The Longest Month
- The Passenger
- The Royal Christmas Crush
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Fear the Night
Best Shows on YouTube TV
These are some of the best TV shows on YouTube TV:
- Saturday Night Live
- Family Guy
- Family Feud
- The Simpsons
- Bachelor in Paradise
- Criminal Minds
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
Top Live Channels on YouTube TV
Live Channels are subjective to your region. If you’re in Chicago and you want New York channels, you must use a VPN to access all channels from a targeted region. These are the top generic channels that you can expect to see on YouTube TV:
- Acorn TV
- Cartoon Network
- Animal Planet
- beIN Sports
- BBC America
- NFL Network
- USA Network
What Add-ons are available on YouTube TV?
This is the list of add-ons, and their price, available to subscribe to your YouTube TV membership with an additional fee:
|NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL RedZone||No||$194.00 Pay for the whole season today and save money|
|NFL Sunday Ticket||No||$174.00 Pay today and get access to the rest of the season|
|4K Plus||30-day||*$4.99/mo for 12 months, then $9.99/mo|
|NBA League Pass||7-day||$14.99/mo or $99.99 Complete season (non-returnable)|
|Hallmark Movie Now||7-day||$5.99/mo|
|STARZ + MGM+||No||$11.99/mo|
|IFC Silms Unlimited||7-day||$5.99/mo|
|Law & Crime||7-day||$1.99/mo|
|UP Faith & Family||7-day||$5.99/mo|
|The Great Courses||7-day||$7.99/mo|
|WNBA League Pass||7-day||$7.99/mo|
Can I watch YouTube TV with a Free VPN?
Yes. Technically, you can watch YouTube TV outside USA with a free VPN, but we don’t recommend you do. Free VPNs are terrible at encrypting your original IP, and it is highly possible with free VPNs to encounter DNS leaks.
Plus, such free VPNs may have many servers, but none of them are optimized on a regular basis. This can lead to highly unsatisfactory security. The internet is no place for an unprotected IP, so many malware and botnets are major hidden bombs that can ruin your experience.
Instead, you should opt for paid and premium VPNs. Such VPNs are designed to cater to the needs of their subscribers. With such a VPN subscription, you will be safe on the World Wide Web.
Can I watch YouTube TV while traveling?
YouTube TV is only available across the United States, so if you’re traveling within the United States, you can watch YouTube TV. Even in the US, the channels and programs will vary by location due to local network affiliation. Also, you will need to sign in from your home network at least every 3 months to keep your subscription active.
Are there any DVR Storage space limits?
No, there are no DVR storage space limits for YouTube TV. You can download as many programs as you want at the same time without any worry of storage limitations. However, YouTube TV will keep these recordings for 9 months only.
Can I share my membership?
Yes, you can absolutely share your membership with six household profiles and watch three streams simultaneously at the same time.
Does YouTube TV work Outside USA?
No, YouTube TV does not work outside USA because it is an American-led platform. If you wish to access YouTube TV outside USA, a premium VPN will do the job.
Can I get YouTube TV outside USA?
Yes, you can get YouTube TV outside USA now with the help of a premium and paid VPN.
What exactly is YouTube TV?
YouTube is a US-exclusive platform that offers a complete TV package. You can watch movies, TV shows, live channels like sports, news, and everything in between.
How do I bypass YouTube’s country restrictions?
You can bypass YouTube’s country restrictions with the aid of a VPN. A robust and premium VPN like ExpressVPN can let you bypass any restrictions on the internet.
How do I prevent YouTube TV from detecting my IP?
You can prevent YouTube TV from detecting your IP address if you use a VPN that is strong enough to safeguard your original IP and stealthily swap it with a newer one.
How do I know my YouTube TV VPN was successful?
You will know your YouTube TV VPN was successful when you don’t get any errors and are smoothly streaming YouTube TV.
Can I watch YouTube TV in another country?
Yes, you can watch YouTube TV in another country. You must make sure you’re connected with a VPN before you launch YouTube TV internationally.
What’s the Difference between YouTube and YouTube TV?
The difference between YouTube and YouTube TV is that YouTube is a streaming platform that offers numerous video content, both from authentic channels and indie creators. YouTube TV is a streaming TV service that is subscription-based and only offers content made by licensed creators.
Why is YouTube TV inaccessible outside USA?
YouTube TV is inaccessible outside USA because it is bound by content distribution regulations which keep the content only to the targeted regions.
Can you get YouTube TV outside USA?
Yes, you can get YouTube TV outside USA if you are connected with a robust VPN connection.
Does YouTube TV have international channels?
Yes, YouTube TV has many international channels. However, you will need a VPN to access them because the list of channels varies from your location.
Can you watch YouTube TV outside the US?
Yes, you can watch YouTube TV outside the US if you have a robust VPN connection.
Can I use YouTube TV with a VPN?
Yes, you can use YouTube TV with a VPN. We suggest you use a premium kind of VPN, and not the free one due to risks.
Can I watch YouTube TV from 2 different locations?
Yes, you can watch YouTube TV from 2 different locations. All you have to do is ensure you’re connected with a premium VPN.
Can you unblock YouTube TV outside USA?
Yes, you can unblock YouTube TV outside USA, but you must have a subscription to a deluxe VPN.
When will YouTube TV be available everywhere?
YouTube TV is only available in the USA for now. As soon as there’s any news, you will be the first to hear from us.
Is there any limitation to pausing my membership?
Yes, you can only pause your membership for up to 6 months.
Is an Unlimited stream available on YouTube TV?
Yes, Unlimited streaming is available on YouTube TV at additional charges. You only need to buy the 4K Plus add-on to avail the unlimited stream.
Does YouTube TV have ads?
Unfortunately, yes you will see ads on live TV. These channels are run by local TV broadcasters, so you may see traditional ad breaks on many of the channels that YouTube TV offers.
Is there any difference between YouTube TV and YouTube Premium?
YouTube TV is totally different from YouTube Premium. YouTube TV is a live TV streaming service which is affiliated with many popular local and national broadcasters and cable networks. YouTube Premium is the ad-free service of YouTube, letting you stream YouTube Videos and YouTube Music with no ads.
Do I have to share my DVR Library with my household?
No, you cannot share your DVR library with your household. Six household accounts come with their separate login credentials, personalized settings and individual DVR recording library.
Where is YouTube TV available?
It’s my pleasure to say that YouTube TV is available countrywide to households in the United States. However, TV channels are varied depending on your location. After adding your ZIP Code you will see your area and regional channel lineups.
To Sum Up
In conclusion, YouTube TV is a streaming TV service that operates to provide numerous acclaimed TV shows, movies, and other streaming content, including live channels. If you are outside the USA and you want to stream YouTube TV including live channels, you must have a VPN and TV license ready.
If you need a recommendation for a VPN, we suggest you sign up for ExpressVPN, as it is the fastest VPN that doesn’t lag your internet connection while also protecting your digital life.
Finding out more about