Is Hulu not working on your Smart TV? There might be a few issues relating to Hulu not working on your Smart TV. Trust us; you are not the only one facing this issue. So, if you are searching for a way out, we are here to resolve it!
Why is Hulu not working on my Smart TV? There are a number of bugs that could lead to Hulu being inoperative on your Smart TV. As an American streaming channel that offers thousands of movies and shows to its users, Hulu sometimes has bugs that need fixing. Still, you can only use its service outside the US once you subscribe to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN due to geo-restrictions.
But sometimes, even if you connect to a VPN, you may still face problems. The plus point is that you can fix this problem by implementing several proven fixes. This article has what you need to do right away to ensure that Hulu works again. But first, you need to know why Hulu is not working on your Smart TV.
How to Fix Hulu Not Working on Smart TV with 5 Easy Steps in Nov 2023
You don’t have to panic if Hulu is not working on Smart TV. Instead, fix them right away with ExpressVPN!
Why Doesn’t Hulu Work on Smart TV?
Here are some likely causes that could make it difficult for the Hulu app to function properly on Smart TVs:
Crashed Hulu Server
This is a high possibility that your Hulu servers are down or crashed; this mainly happens when there is huge traffic on the app. In this case, you can only wait for the servers to repair again.
Poor Internet Speed
Your Smart TV may be unable to stream video footage if you have a poor internet connection.
Using a VPN Service that is Not Authorized
You can not access Hulu on your Smart TVs if you’re not in the US. So, to bypass these restrictions, you should connect to a premium VPN. But if you use an unauthorized VPN provider, there might be some issues while streaming. So, we highly recommend you subscribe to ExpressVPN to bypass your way safely.
Outdated Hulu Smart TV Application
Your Smart TV might not support Hulu using an outdated app. So always stay up-to-date when it comes to the latest updates.
Caches and Cookies
Caches and cookies might bombard your app so much that it stops functioning. These are a few common Hulu TV streaming issues that prevent Hulu from working properly on Smart TVs.
How To Fix Hulu Not Working Issue on Smart TV?
Here is how you can fix the issue of Hulu not working on Smart TV:
Uninstall and Reinstall Hulu on your Smart TV
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Hulu app on your Smart TV. Many users reported that this solved their issues. However, the following procedures must be followed to reinstall Hulu on a Samsung Smart TV.
- Select the Settings option under the App section.
- To uninstall it, go to Hulu and choose the Delete option.
- Click the Home button now.
- Then use the search feature to look up Hulu.
- To install the Hulu app, select it and then choose the download option.
- Check to see if the Hulu app can run smoothly on your Smart TV after reinstalling it.
Reset your Wi-Fi Router
Hulu will not function properly on your Smart TV if your router malfunctions. Check your other Wi-Fi devices at home. If they aren’t connected, your router isn’t working properly.
Simply unplug the router for a short while, then re-plug it. The router will need some time to reset completely, but once it is back online, your Smart TV should be able to connect to Hulu.
Update Hulu App on Smart TV
It’s possible that the app has not been updated to its latest version. You can update the Hulu app easily by following these steps:
- First, access the Smart Hub on your Smart TV.
- Then, go to Apps and access the Hulu app.
- Finally, follow the instructions on the screen to update the Hulu app on your Smart TV.
- After the update, open the Hulu app and watch your favorite shows and movies without any disturbances or glitches.
Whenever there is an update, Hulu notifies its users with a white arrow on a blue background. You may need to update your Smart TV’s Hulu app if it stops working.
Clear Hulu App Cache on Samsung Smart TV
Hulu’s cache and data might cause difficulties if you haven’t cleaned your Smart TV’s cache and data. Therefore, this could cause problems. To clear the cache and data, follow the steps below:
- You must first thumb the home button on your television’s remote control.
- Then, choose the setting option next.
- Next, select Support by scrolling down and then select the Device Care option.
- Select storage management from the screen at this point.
- Select Hulu from the list, then click View Details.
- To delete the cache and data, choose clear data > clear the cache > and click the enter button on your remote.
Hulu Error Code Analysis
It is essential to understand the issue’s root cause before you can develop a solution. Hulu displays an error code detailing any issues it has when operating. Here are some of the most common Smart TV Hulu errors:
Error 5003 on Hulu: Playback issue.
Solution: Set the time and date appropriately.
Hulu error p-dev 320: Connectivity issues with Hulu or your internet connection are the cause.
Solution: Restart your router or seek help from Hulu.
RUNUNK13 Hulu Error: Playback and Buffering Problems.
Solution: Clear the Hulu app’s cache or restart it.
Error 16 on Hulu: Unsupported region problem (VPN error).
Solution: Use a high-quality VPN and disable the proxy.
FAQs on Hulu Not Working on Smart TV
Why is Hulu not working on my Smart TV?
Due to these reasons, Hulu on your Smart TV may not be working:
- Crashing Hulu server.
- Weak internet speed.
- The VPN server might be blacklisted.
- The Hulu Smart TV app might need to be updated.
- Caches and cookies in the Hulu app.
We’ve provided you with a quick list of the possible causes and solutions above.
Does Hulu Work on Samsung Smart TV?
How do I Update Hulu on my Smart TV?
Hulu updates are automatically sent to Smart TVs. In addition, you may manually check for any software upgrades on your Samsung TV.
You should see the latest release of our software when you open Hulu next time. By pressing the menu button on the remote and choosing Support > Software Update > Update Now.
What to do if Hulu Freezes on a Samsung TV?
- You must close and restart Hulu if it keeps crashing on your Samsung Smart TV to fix the issue.
- Update the Hulu app if a new software update is available.
- You can check if software updates are available for your Smart TV by resetting it.
Why is Hulu Not Loading on Smart TV? [Solutions]
You can do these steps if Hulu is not loading on Smart TV:
- You need to restart your Samsung TV if Hulu doesn’t load on it.
- Unplug your TV from the main switch, plug it into the wall, and leave it there for at least 2 to 5 minutes. You must do this by pressing and holding the TV’s power button for 30 seconds.
Reconnect the TV’s cable when a minute has passed.
Smart TVs are most commonly used to stream entertainment content. You can easily stream your favorite films and TV shows on Hulu on your Smart TV. It’s convenient and easy to use.
If you run into any problems while streaming Hulu on your Smart TV, you must try the quick fixes mentioned above, and you will be good to go.
Finding out more about: