Do you find talking to dead people interesting? Well, that’s what they do in A Haunting in Venice on Hulu. It’s a movie that features the life of Poirot, a man living in leisurely retirement when he is made to visit a séance in an attempt to communicate with the dead in a haunted house.
The place where the séance starts is the palazzo of a notable opera singer Rowena Drake, who hires a medium (someone who mediates between ghosts and humans) named Joyce as one of the guests. Apparently, she wanted to learn more about the story behind her daughter Alicia’s suicide, which she committed after her fiancé broke off their engagement.
When one of the guests is murdered, Poirot locks everyone in the house till he can solve the crime and get to the bottom of why he is seeing ghosts. It’s all highly interesting, especially given that it is set in 1947 when WWII had barely just ended.
So watch A Haunting in Venice on Hulu, and if you can’t access Hulu due to your physical location not being America, then use a premium VPN to stream anyway!
How to Watch A Haunting in Venice on Hulu with a VPN
It’s super easy to watch Hulu with a VPN, but if you still find it difficult, follow these steps to make it easy for you:
- Get a premium VPN subscription. ExpressVPN is great with Hulu.
- Download the VPN app and set it up by logging in.
- Connect to an American Server [preferably a New York server].
- Go to the Hulu website search for A Haunting in Venice and stream all you want.
Interesting Facts about the movie
- As of November 2023, the movie has earned a total of $120.8 million worldwide.
- A Haunting in Venice serves as a sequel to Death on the Nile (2022).
- This movie is loosely based on the 1969 novel Hallowe’en Party by Agatha Christie.
- The movie is directed by Kenneth Branagh, it is also Branagh’s third film where he recapitulates his character as the Belgian detective Hercule Poirot.
- Hercule Poirot is Agatha Christie’s highly popularized character appearing in 33 novels, 51 short stories, and 2 plays.
- Kenneth Branagh also included surprises during the movie shoot. The actors were kept in the dark about all the sudden movements, wind blasting in, doors slamming and lightning blackout were all surprises to the cast to produce genuine reactions.
- This movie is also connected with Murder on the Orient Express (2017).
Similar Movies like A Haunting in Venice
Here are some other movies that you’d want to watch if you liked A Haunting in Venice:
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Haunting in Venice based on an Agatha Christie story?
Yes, Haunting in Venice is based on an Agatha Christie murder mystery novel.
Is Haunting in Venice on Hulu?
Yes, A Haunting in Venice is on Hulu. If you’re traveling or you wish to access Hulu internationally, we suggest you use a reliable VPN.
What is the runtime of A Haunting in Venice?
A Haunting in Venice runs for a solid hour and 43 minutes.
What streaming service has A Haunting in Venice?
You can stream A Haunting in Venice on Hulu. If you wish to buy the movie, you can do so on Apple TV+, Amazon Prime Video, Google Play, Vudu, and Microsoft.
Is A Haunting in Venice very scary?
A Haunting in Venice is not so scary, it is more like a thriller mystery movie with a bit of supernatural appearance here and there.
Is A Haunting in Venice worth watching?
Yes, if you’re a fan of Agatha Christie novels or if you like murder mysteries, then you should definitely watch A Haunting in Venice.
Do you have to watch Death on the Nile before A Haunting in Venice?
No, you don’t have to watch Death on the Nile before you watch Haunting in Venice. Both of these movies are standalone movies, meaning you can watch them in whichever order you prefer.
What age rating is A Haunting in Venice?
A Haunting in Venice is rated PG 13, or suitable for people above the age of 13.
Why is A Haunting in Venice so different from the book?
The characters from the novel are different in A Haunting in Venice because the movie is ‘loosely’ based on the novel. To give some theatrical kick to this character, they have to be a little dramatic for the movie.
Is A Haunting in Venice a part of a series?
Yes. A Haunting in Venice is the third movie in the series of Kenneth Branagh’s sequence of adaptations.
Is A Haunting in Venice connected to Death on the Nile?
Yes, A Haunting in Venice is connected to Death on the Nile, as the former is set 10 years after Poirot solved cases in Death on the Nile.
Which story is A Haunting in Venice based on?
A Haunting in Venice is based on Agatha Christie’s murder mystery novel, named Hallowe’en Party.
A Haunted Conclusion
The world-renowned detective Hercule Poirot confronts his most baffling mystery in A Haunting in Venice on Hulu. The movie is a mystery wrapped in a horror premise, a deliciously dark combination.