Can you download Hulu on Mac? Yes, you can download Hulu on Mac. With the help of this guide, you will learn everything about how to download Hulu on Mac without any trouble.
You can watch Hulu on Mac from anywhere worldwide by using a premium VPN. Our #1 recommendation is ExpressVPN. Before we dig into it further, let’s look at the quick steps to watch Hulu on Mac.
Watch Hulu on Mac in Just 5 Simple Steps February 2024
Following are the 5 simple steps to watch Hulu on Mac anywhere in the world.
Why do you Need a VPN to Watch Hulu in Geo-Restricted Regions?
Why is Hulu not working on Mac? Because you may be accessing it in a geo-restricted place. Since Hulu is geo-restricted outside the USA, you will need a VPN to access it. You can also perform a Hulu location Trick with a VPN. Because Hulu’s services are only available in the United States and in a few cities in Japan, there is no way to access Hulu without a VPN.
So, the following message will appear whenever you attempt to access Hulu in a geo-restricted region:
“Hulu isn’t available to watch in your location.”
That’s why you need a reliable VPN such as ExpressVPN. So, you can quickly change your IP address and instantly access Hulu on your Mac, no matter where you are.
Top 3 VPNs to Watch Hulu on Mac [Quick Overview February 2024]
We have conducted speed tests, server checks, and security protocols and chose the 3 best VPNs for Hulu on Mac:
ExpressVPN offers ultra-fast speed and cutting-edge data-wide technology; it provides 3000+ high-end servers and 25+ highly optimized servers in the USA. Also, it doesn’t keep logs. Its price is $6.67/month for its yearly package + 3-month free usage and a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN is a reliable VPN with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations across 59 countries. You can connect up to 6 devices simultaneously. It is available with a 2-year subscription for $3.71 a month, a 2-year plan for 72% off + 3 months free, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark is an affordable VPN with 3200+ servers in 100 countries and 23 highly optimized US servers that allow secure browsing. It allows unlimited simultaneous connections. You can get all this for $2.05/month with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to Download Hulu on Mac?
How to download Hulu on Mac? You can not download Hulu on mac, but you can get a Chrome browser web app that you can install and add to your dock on Mac computers.
It doesn’t matter which mac device you have; you can visit the Hulu official website to watch Hulu on Mac. So, to avoid any problems, please follow the steps below.
- Subscribe to a trusty VPN and connect it to a US-based server.
- Launch your preferred web browser (Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc.).
- Visit the Hulu Official Website.
- Log in to your Hulu account in the upper right corner.
- Sign up for an account if you don’t already have one.
- Now, just sit back and enjoy your favorite movie or TV show on Hulu!
Note: The first step is to sign up for a VPN if you travel abroad or live outside the US. ExpressVPN is our top recommendation.
Top 3 VPNs to Watch Hulu on Mac [Detailed Analysis February 2024]
Let’s dive deeper to look at the 3 best VPNs for Hulu streaming on Mac:
ExpressVPN – Top-Notch VPN to Watch Hulu on Mac
- If you want to watch Hulu anywhere, ExpressVPN is your best option. You can rest assured that ExpressVPN offers complete security thanks to its 256-bit encryption, perfect forward secrecy, and DNS leak protection.
- It's one of the most reliable ways to unblock Hulu and other geo-restricted areas. The monthly cost of ExpressVPN's 1-year service is $6.67; also, you get 3 months extra.
- If you have any trouble getting started with ExpressVPN, their customer support team is available 24/7 to help you out.
- Even though it costs a bit more than others, its performance is exceptional, which justifies the cost. ExpressVPN also supports Tor. It also includes a kill switch and does not keep logs.
- Strict logging policy.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 24/7 customer service.
- Costly than other competitor VPNs.
- Limited simultaneous connections.
NordVPN – Trusted VPN to Watch Hulu on Mac
- NordVPN is the largest server VPN available to unblock Hulu, with over 5400 servers in 59 countries, including 15 highly optimized servers in the US.
- It also uses tunneling protocols such as PPTP, SSTP, IPSec, and IKEv2 to protect its clients’ online privacy.
- The monthly cost of NordVPN’s 2-year subscription is $4.89. Up to 6 connections can be active at the same time with NordVPN.
- To ensure that no IP or DNS information is leaked, it employs AES 256-bit encryption and a strict no-logs policy. Additional features like a kill switch, dedicated streaming mode, and a user-friendly UI make this VPN popular.
- Double the protection with a double VPN.
- Connect 6 devices on many platform types.
- Fast & stable speeds all around.
- Slow app and server connections.
- Torrenting is only supported on some servers.
Surfshark – Economical VPN to Watch Hulu on Mac
- Surfshark is a great budget-friendly VPN to use if you want to access Hulu.
- Surfshark offers around 3200 servers from 65 different countries, so you can find a server that meets your needs.
- Surfshark uses the WireGuard tunneling mechanism to protect your data, making it a safe and reliable choice in the VPN market.
- Surfshark is available at 12.95 USD per month. Though you can save 69% if you subscribe yearly package for 47.88 USD ($3.99 per month), and you can save an amazing amount of 81% if you opt for 24 monthly subscriptions ($2.49 per month).
- Plus, it supports unlimited multi-logins, so you can share your account with as many people as you choose.
- So if you're looking for a cost-effective way to watch Hulu, Surfshark is worth considering.
- Reasonable prices.
- Smooth user experience.
- Speedy and helpful live chat support.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Dodgy customer service.
- Weak social media presence.
- Kill switch windows stop working sometimes.
How Much Does Hulu Cost on Mac?
What is the cost to download Hulu on Mac? Downloading Hulu on Mac doesn’t cost you a dime. However, in order to watch Hulu content on your Mac, you must buy one of the subscription plans. Following is a list of Hulu pricing and plans.
Hulu – $7.99/month (Most Popular)
Hulu Basic is the most popular plan that users can avail of for free for 30 days. To utilize it, you’ll have to pay $7.99 every month. With this package, subscribers may watch award-winning Hulu original shows on their TVs, laptops, phones, or tablets. Up to six different user accounts can share the account.
Hulu (No Ads) – $14.99/month
Those who want to watch without advertisements can pay $14.99 per month on the Hulu No Ads Plan. Users can also take advantage of a 30-day Hulu free trial. This subscription includes all of the features of Hulu’s basic package. Customers can also use the package to view Hulu shows without advertising.
Hulu + Live TV – $69.99/month
The monthly cost of Hulu Live TV is $69.99. Users can also explore this plan for free for 7 days. This subscription includes all of the features of the Hulu basic package. Customers with this plan also have access to Hulu’s Live TV, which includes over 65 channels without the need for a cable. Customers will also be given a live TV guide to help them navigate the channels.
Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV – $75.99/month
The main difference between the two plans is that Hulu + Live TV (No Ads) includes a live TV component, which gives you access to over 60 channels of live programming. It also comes with a free 7-day trial, so you can try it out before you commit.
What are the Minimum System Requirements for Watching Hulu on Mac?
In order to watch Hulu media content on your Mac device, you will need the following minimum hardware and software specifications.
Minimum Software Requirements to Watch Hulu on Mac smoothly
- Have Mac OS X 10.6 or higher installed.
- Adobe Flash Player 11.1 or higher is also required.
- At least 1.15Mbps should be available for fast SD video streaming.
Minimum Hardware Requirements Recommended by Hulu
- For 480P HD, you’ll need a 1.33GHz processor, 256MB of RAM, and 64MB of graphics memory.
- To broadcast in 720P HD, you need a 1.83GHz processor, 256MB of RAM, and 64MB of graphics memory.
What is the Best Browser for Streaming Hulu on Mac?
If you are wondering, what’s the best Mac browser for Hulu? Many web browsers are accessible to watch Hulu on Mac. However, below is a list of some of the best web browsers to watch Hulu on Mac.
- Safari (Mac Only)
- Mozilla Firefox
This way, you can easily stream award-winning and blockbuster TV shows, movies, and documentaries in one place.
Why is Hulu not working on my Mac? – The Complete Troubleshooting Guide
Why can’t I watch Hulu on my Mac? There can be several reasons why you can’t watch Hulu on your Mac. You don’t have to worry as you can easily fix Hulu not working issue. Let’s examine the most common reasons behind it.
Most Common Reasons Why You Can’t watch Hulu on Mac
Are you wondering why Hulu doesn’t Hulu play on my Mac? Maybe because the server is down. Unfortunately, we can’t pinpoint a single issue as there are numerous reasons why you cannot access Hulu on Mac. Listed below are some of the most common reasons why this happens.
- Hulu servers might be down.
- Your browser/device might be outdated.
- Insufficient internet speed.
- The Hulu service isn’t available in your area.
Solutions/Fixes to Why you couldn’t Watch Hulu on your Mac
If you encounter any of these problems, below are the steps you can take to troubleshoot. After completing each step, double-check that the issue has been resolved. If not, proceed to the next step.
Solution #1: Check The Hulu Servers
The most common reason why Hulu isn’t loading has nothing to do with your setup – the service itself might be down for many reasons. The first step is to check the status of Hulu on one of the monitoring websites, such as DownDetector.
If there are no signs of streaming issues, you can also check the #huludown hashtag on Twitter and updates posted by Hulu’s official Twitter handle @hulu.
Solution #2: Check Your Internet Speed
In order to enjoy Hulu streaming seamlessly, you need to have an internet download speed of no less than 6mbps.
This may be why you are having trouble with Hulu. Check your internet speed by going to Fast.com; your internet speed will be calculated and displayed in real time.
If your internet speed is below the recommended, you must consider upgrading.
Solution #3: Change your Hulu Account Settings
If Hulu is not working, there may be a problem with your account settings.
To fix this issue, simply deactivate and then reactivate the device you use to connect to hulu.com.
- Log in to secure.hulu.com/account.
- Then click Manage Devices.
- Remove your device.
- Sign in again and start watching Hulu.
Solution #4: Update Your Web Browser
You might be experiencing problems with Hulu because your browser is outdated.
To update your browser, follow these steps:
- Go to the Apple menu at the corner of your screen and select “System Preferences.”
- Select “Software Updates” and install the updates in the System Preferences window.
Follow these steps to manually update your web browser if your system preferences do not display software updates:
- Go to the App Store.
- Tap “Updates” on the sidebar.
- Now click “Update” next to the web browser app you want to upgrade.
- You’re all set now. Visit the Hulu website and start streaming.
Solution #5: Clean the Hulu Web Cache
After upgrading the web browser, if Hulu is still not working properly, the next step is to delete the Hulu web cache.
The steps are similar across all major browsers, so for Google Chrome, here are the steps:
- Select “Settings” from the menu in the top right corner.
- Click “Privacy and security” on the left-hand side.
- Then click “Clear browsing data.”
- Select Advanced, pick the “All time” time range, and check all the boxes.
- Now click “Clear data.”
Solution #6: Workaround for Hulu Location Restrictions
Hulu is only available in the United States because of content license agreements. Therefore, if you are not based in the US or are temporarily out of the US, you may have difficulty accessing Hulu.
However, if you want to watch Hulu outside USA, you can bypass Hulu geo-restrictions by using a premium VPN service. We strongly recommend ExpressVPN.
The following steps will help you get around the Hulu geo-restrictions:
- Download and Subscribe to ExpressVPN on your Mac device.
- Launch the VPN app and connect to a US server.
- Now you are all set. Visit the Hulu Official Website and enjoy your favorite content.
Does Hulu have a Desktop App for Mac?
If you are wondering, is there a Hulu app for the MacBook? The answer is no; there is no Hulu desktop app for Mac. However, Hulu offers a Chrome browser web app to install and add to your dock on Mac computers. Follow the steps below to install the app.
- Log in to hulu.com with the latest version of Chrome.
- And Click the install (+) icon on the right-hand side of the address bar.
- Confirm the installation prompt from the Chrome pop-up dialog.
- Open the app and add it to your dock.
How to enable location services for Hulu on Mac?
If you access Hulu from a supported Mac device, sometimes Hulu asks you to enable location services. So, are you curious about how to share location with Hulu on Mac? You can follow these steps to enable location services with Hulu on Mac. These steps are for the Safari browser.
- On your Mac, click on the Apple menu in the top left corner.
- Tap on System Preferences.
- Now select the Security & Privacy option from the System Preferences window.
- Go to the Privacy tab (you may need to enter your admin name and password to unlock the padlock icon.)
- Click on Location Services.
- Check the Enable Location Services box and ensure that Safari is chosen from the list.
What Devices does Hulu Support, Other than Mac?
Other than Mac, you can watch Hulu on the following devices:
- Watch Hulu on Android
- Watch Hulu on iPhone
- Watch Hulu on Chromecast
- Watch Hulu on Fire Stick
- Watch Hulu on Roku
- Watch Hulu on Apple TV
- Watch Hulu on Android TV
- Watch Hulu on LG Smart TV
- Watch Hulu on Vizio Smart TV
- Watch Hulu on Samsung Smart TV
- Watch Hulu on Xfinity TV Box
- Watch Hulu on Xbox
- Watch Hulu on PlayStation
- Watch Hulu on Nintendo Switch
- Watch Hulu on Web Browser
FAQs on Hulu on Mac
Can I Watch Hulu on Macbook?
Yes. If you want to watch Hulu on Macbook, you can either install the Hulu Chrome browser web app or visit the official website to stream your favorite Hulu content.
Is there a Hulu app for Macbook?
Unfortunately, there is no Hulu app for Macbooks. If you want to watch Hulu on your Macbook, you will have to launch the Hulu website on a Mac-supported browser.
Can you Download Hulu on Mac?
No, Hulu doesn’t offer app download on Mac. However, you can have a Chrome browser web app to install and add to your dock on Mac computers.
What is the Data Usage of Hulu on Mac?
To stream Hulu on your Mac device in standard quality, you will need 0.5 to 0.7 GB of data per hour. Similarly, 4K streaming quality consumes up to 7 GB of data per hour.
Does Hulu Offer Downloads on Mac?
No. As of now, Hulu does not support downloading or offline viewing for Mac users. However, the service will likely allow Mac devices to download media content in the future.
How to Watch Hulu Videos Offline on Mac?
By using a Hulu video downloader like MacX Video Converter Pro, you can watch Hulu videos, TV shows, and movies offline on any Mac device.
Why Can’t I Play Videos from Hulu on my MacBook Pro?
If a Hulu video is not playing on your MacBook Pro, perform the instructions below to eliminate this problem.
- Disable your Browser Extensions.
- You need to reinstall Adobe Flash Player.
- Clear your browser’s cache.
- Scan Mac OS for Malware.
What is the best browser to Stream Hulu on Mac?
Chrome, Firefox, and Safari are the best browsers to stream Hulu on Mac. Also, if you know Hulu tips and tricks, your Hulu experience will be doubled on any browser you use.
Can you Stream Hulu on Mac?
Yes, you can stream Hulu on Mac via the Hulu Chrome browser web app or by visiting the Hulu official website to stream your favorite Hulu content.
Let’s Wrap it Up!
By now, we hope you have learned everything about how to watch Hulu on Mac. Additionally, you may want to access Hulu outside the US or from any geo-restricted country. In that case, you need a VPN that is reliable and trusted. Our recommendation is ExpressVPN.